Vision of IDS
The vision of institute to develop capacities (skills, knowledge, expertise etc) that can contribute effectively and to the scientific enquiry in the nature, causes and impact of global social, economic political, cultural and technological changes on Third World Development.
The Mission of IDS
The underlying Mission of the IDS is:
- Teaching and guiding learning on various aspects of development within the University of Dar es Salaam.
- Pursing interdisciplinary teaching/leaning across the University.
- Producing experts on development.
- Conducting scientific research and studies on aspects of development; and disseminating the findings arising from such researches and studies, to relevant organizations, individuals and groups.
- Providing advisory services within and outside the country.
- Influencing appropriate policy changes for development at all levels; and hence acts as a preferred centre for opinion setting and change management.